"The bird proudly willing to burn,
So that she may live again"


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Resurrection














Having pushed the pain
somewhere deep within
the fateful journey continues...
Those grey yesterdays
replayed too many times
but now we wake to vivid colors,
songs of windchimes and birds,
Shimmers of sunlight dancing
on rooftops and pools of water
The aroma of Night-blooming jasmine
peeking around evening corners
And now we listen when a star called Hope
reminds us of tomorrows laughter.
Perhaps they were there all along
but sad eyes forget how to see
And now as we emerge from the labyrinth of a lesson
Liberated from the bondage of self-doubt
No need to explain or defend,
no desire to pry or pretend

This miracle, this exotic orchid that blooms within
will be a reminder until the night I die
For soon the day will come when she moves through me
the pain of late will emerge once again
tangible as Death and I will feel it in my depths
and right after He releases me from his terrifying grip
He will bestow upon me the greatest gift of all,
Pure Life, and the chance to start anew.


T.v.E 2010

1 comment:

  1. We are walking the same path sister, it's incredibly. This touched me so deeply...it will forever be in my daughter's baby book as a reminder of you, your journey, and the new lives that are growing simultaneously within us. You are beautiful from the inside out. What a glorious mother you already are, and will only continue to flourish as! God bless & keep you close in His mighty hands! Melissa

    ReplyDelete